‘MORE THAN AN OBLIGATION, MORE THAN A DUTY’
Fulfilling Corporate Social Responsibility is our group’s second nature.
Social Responsibility in itself is a feeling that we belong to the people at large and more so to the people we serve. The satisfaction of giving is supreme when we expect nothing in return. This giving comes from unconditional urge to do something meaningful for the Society. The group has always held this thought close to its heart. We have strived for improvement in conditions faced by the needy and the poor. We fully believe that such acts of giving back to the Society are at the core of a balanced life.
At Arvind Mafatlal Group, we consider our contribution as a humble tribute to what Society has given us. We have pledged our resources in various sectors and are striving continuously with the sole objective of creating an environment of well-being in all spheres of life.
The group has been implementing a range of CSR activities over the last fifty years, in areas like healthcare, education, women’s upliftment in rural India and environment protection.
Brief Snapshot of activities undertaken by the Group
The Group Founder, late Shri Arvind Mafatlal was a great philanthropist. Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust was founded in 1968. Over the years, the Trust was guided and nurtured by the late Shri Arvind Mafatlal and even today, the Trust is fully supported under the aegis of Arvind Mafatlal Group. The Trust is aimed at providing food to the hungry, clothing support to the downtrodden and the gift of sight to the blind.
Whether it is health care, education, agriculture, dairy or women empowerment ‘Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust’ has contributed towards an overall development of entire areas surrounding the districts of Chitrakoot and Anandpur in Madhya Pradesh. Essential Health services in the field of General Medicine, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Paediatrics have been made available. The Trust has performed a record 14 lakh (1.4 million) eye surgeries under innumerable eye camps through Shri Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya which is located at Chitrakoot and Anandpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Late Shri Arvind Mafatlal was actively associated with BAIF Development Research Foundation and also was at the helm of affairs as its Chairman for many decades. Along with the legendary freedom fighter late Shri Manibhai Desai, he created a huge body of work in people oriented fields of Rural Development. He laid great emphasis on cattle development, animal health laboratories, tribal rehabilitation and most importantly resource development in terms of water and land. The BAIF programs today are spread across 16 States of India impacting the lives of around 4.4 million families.
A snapshot of the activities undertaken by the group over the years is as under:
- Pioneering work on community kitchen projects where ‘Sukhadi’ (Food for sustenance) is prepared and distributed in drought-hit areas; establishment of benchmarks for fast relief on a large scale.
- Eye-care initiatives in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh aimed at preventing blindness.
- Seed capital and training support to small farmers and landless workers, in areas like diary development and animal breeding.
- Collaboration with NGOs in areas like afforestation, natural resource management, small irrigation projects, livestock development as a support initiative for weaker sections in rural areas.
- Establishment of schools, provision of financial assistance for education, management of hospitals in group unit townships.
We wish every life to be empowered and every deed to have a meaningful impact on society.